Call us now: 01962 217640



The welfare of the children of the family must be handled sensitively by family members when a marriage or relationship breaks down. You are best advised to deal with any dispute relating to the children amicably and responsibly either between yourselves, or if this is not possible, through solicitors, mediators or collaborative lawyers.

The court will only become involved if there is a dispute that cannot be resolved and will only make orders if they are considered necessary and in the best interests of the children.

We can deal with the following issues for you:

  • Child Arrangement Orders detailing where the children live and how much time they spend with each parent
  • Parental child abduction
  • Moving abroad with your child.
  • Mediation for children issues
  • Skype Mediation for parents separated by distance or living abroad attempting to reach agreement on child arrangements
  • Parenting Plans
  • Specific issue and Prohibited Steps Orders to control actions being taken by those with parental responsibility for a child.
  • Parental Responsibility Agreements and Orders.
  • Grandparents rights
  • Changing your child's name

Joanne Houston is also a Resolution accredited specialist in international family law and has vast experience of dealing with the international aspects of the law relating to children and in particular the removal of children from England and Wales by resident and non-resident parents.

Just Family Law offers Skype mediation to particularly assist families where one parent is living abroad and wishes to agree child arrangements in preparation for a return to the UK.

For further information and support please visit the website where helpful information is provided on how to communicate and support your child in a sensitive and child-centred way through the divorce process.

For more information download our divorce and children fact sheet.



Request information

Latest from the blog:

When Parents and Doctors Disagree About a Child's Medical Treatment

When Parents and Doctors Disagree About a Child's Medical Treatment

A seriously ill child, what could be more heart breaking? But it’s even more heart breaking when parents can’t agree with the doctors about ...

Read more on our blog

What our clients say